* School Fundraising in England: a directory of social change report, by Anne Mountfield and Nicola Eastwood (DSC, pound;9.95). Detailed summary of the findings of the DSC's research into how schools raise money and how much they raise. The Schools Funding Guide, by the same authors (DSC pound;16.95), is accessible and detailed. Covers all aspects of fundraising, with a list of trusts that give to schools. www.dsc.org.uk. Tel: 020 7209 5151.
* A Handbook of School Fundraising, by Harris Rosenberg (Kogan Page, pound;19.99). Thorough, detailed and with lots of information on potential sources.
* A Practical Guide to Fundraising in Schools, by Paul Morris (RoutledgeFalmer, pound;16.99). Strong on formulating strategy, with interesting case studies.
* Business Sponsorship for Secondary Schools, by Tony Atwood (First and Best in Education, pound;19.95). Useful advice on who and how to approach them. Available from: www.firstandbest.co.uk * The DfES publishes Support for Schools: a guide to tax relief. Available from www.dfes.gov.uk.
* Directory of Social Change (www.dsc.org.uk). News, research, details of courses, and online bookshop selling useful resources. Tel: 020 7209 5151 (publications); 020 7209 4949 (courses).
* The Charity Commission (www.charity-commission.gov.uk). Tel: 0870 333 0123.
* Campaign for State Education (www.casenet.org.uk). Tel: 020 8944 8206.
* Institute of Fundraising (www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk). Lots of information on tax-effective giving and charitable status benefits.
* The National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations (www.ncpta.org.uk). Fundraising tips to members, as well as access to a database of potential sponsors.
* Professional Fundraising Consultancy (www.pfconsultancy.co.uk). Tel: 01204 669265. Private consultants, but also run training courses for in-house fundraisers.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
* www.standards.dfes.gov.ukspecialistschools becomingsponsor.
* www.schoolsplus.org.uk. Voucher book discounts.
* www.fundraising.co.uk has fundraising tips, advice on using the internet as a fundraising tool, details of courses and sponsorship opportunities.
For full list of resources, see: www.tes.co.uk