* www.teachernet.gov.ukmanagement childprotectionusefulinformation workexperience has advice for schools and employers on work placements.
* www.workexperience.co.ukwelcome.htm is an information site for schools, colleges and employers.
* The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority has resources on work-related learning. Go to www.qca.org.uk14-1911-16-schools index_s4-0-work-related.htm.
* The University of GlasgowScottish Council for Research in Education studies on equality in work experience are at www.scre.ac.ukspotlightspotlight90.html
* National Education Business Partnership Network (www.nebpn.org)
* The Centre for Education and Industry (www.warwick.ac.ukcei).
* The Office for Standards in Education's report entitled "Extending Work-related Learning at Key Stage 4" is at www.ofsted.gov.ukpublicationsdocs1107.pdf.
* The Learning and Skills Development Agency (www.vocationallearning.org.ukhome.asp).
* Former chief inspector Mike Tomlinson's working group on 14-19 reform (www.14-19reform.gov.uk).
* Economic and Social Research Council seminar papers on work-related learning for demotivated 14 to 16-year-olds (cep.lse.ac.ukeventsseminarsmotivation default.asp).