* Antidote: Campaign for Emotional Literacy (www.antidote.org.uk), tel: 020 7247 3355. Antidote is running a series of autumn conferences on emotional literacy in collaboration with Sebs. See website.
* Ei (UK) Limited (www.eiuk.com), tel: 01525 840090.
* The School of Emotional Literacy offers a postgraduate certificate in emotional literacy (www.schoolofemotional-literacy.com), tel: 01452 741106.
* National Emotional Literacy Interest Group (www.nelig.com).
* Centre for Applied Emotional Intelligence (www.emotionalintelligence.co.uk), tel: 01452 741106.
* Family Links Nurturing Programme (www.familylinks.org.uk).
* Paths: http:modelprograms.samhsa. govpdfs factsheetspaths.pdf.
* www.dfes.gov.ukbehaviourimprovement primarypilotindex.cfm has more information on the Sebs pilot.
* Emotional Intelligence, and Working with Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman, (available as an omnibus edition, Bloomsbury, pound;9.99).
* The Emotional Literacy Handbook: promoting whole-school strategies (Antidote and David Fulton, pound;18).
* Nurturing Emotional Literacy: a practical guide for teachers, parents and those in the caring professions, by Peter Sharp (David Fulton, pound;18).
* Frames of Mind, by Howard Gardner (Fontana Press, pound;6.99).