* Voice Care Network UK (www.voicecare.org.uk); tel: 01926 864000. The website includes general information on the voice, instructions for vocal exercises, and details of the VCN's publications - these include More Care for your Voice (pound;4.50 inc PP), Voice and the Teacher (pound;12).
The VCN co-ordinates workshops in schools using a team of freelance tutors based around the UK - prices start at around pound;300 for a half-day workshop.
* Voice and the Teaching Profession, a report by the GTCS, can be read online at www.gtcs.org.ukmenu_link.aspx? MenuItemID=350ID=34selection=2.
* A voicecare factsheet is available from the Professional Association of Teachers, pound;1 non-members.
* Soundranger microphone systems,pound;405 plus VAT; www.soundranger.com; tel: 01394 460008.
* The Right to Speak, by Patsy Rodenburg (Methuen, pound;12.99).
* Freeing the Natural Voice, by Kristin Linklater (QSM Drama, Pounds 15.99).
* Your Voice and How to Use It, by Cicely Berry (Virgin Books, Pounds 10.99).
* The Teaching Voice, by Stephanie Martin and Lyn Darnley (Whurr, Pounds 19.99).