David Henderson reports on the implications for mainstreaming of the findings by HMI and Audit Scotland
* Local authorities and NHS bodies to work together.
* Councils to ensure that new or refurbished schools meet needs of pupils with SEN.
* Senior teaching staff to have enough time and resources to support pupils with SEN.
* Teachers and auxiliaries to be better trained.
* NHS to review services to meet increased demand for therapy, child and adolescent mental health, and school nursing services.
* Ministers and councils to rethink how they reflect the achievements of pupils with SEN in published attainment information.