* 25 per cent of colleges had major difficulties recruiting course leaders and managers.
* 21.9 per cent were unable to recruit engineering lecturers.
* 15.4 per cent could not recruit suitable basic skills lecturers.
* 61.5 per cent had significant or worse difficulties in recruiting accountancy staff.
* 10.4 per cent could not recruit any suitable IT staff.
* 26.4 per cent had significant or worse difficulties recruiting keycore skills staff.
Source: Skills Foresight for Further Education 2002, FENTO.