(Photograph) - A day in the life of St Mary's Church of England Primary School, Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
After more than 130 years in a familiar but tiny stone building adjacent to St Mary's church, this school - first established in 1478 -has packed up every desk, chair, book, pen and computer and moved to a spacious, refurbished old grammar about half a mile away. On the first day after the Easter break, its 350 pupils came to the old school for registration and a farewell church service before marching two-by-two through Southend, led by the school icon - an image of Saint Mary - and several dignitaries, including the mayor and two local MPs, to their new building. After assembling in the huge playground, the Bishop of Bradwell, the Rt Rev Laurie Green, blessed the school before the children were let in to see their new hall and classrooms for the first time. Four weeks on, everyone feels very much at home.
* Stop! the St Mary's children go first: a traffic warden drafted in for the day to help with the school move
* Emptied out: the old building next to the church
* Kayleigh Sandell takes shape
* Between the two sites
* In prayer: Adele Penning of Year 5
* Waiting for its new intake: Southend's new St Mary's primary school snaps by jacky chapman
* Almost there: outside the new school
* Southend's Mayor Nora Goodman and Father Frank