St Vincent's, a 450-pupil school on the outskirts of west London, likes to celebrate; in the staffroom every Friday is celebrated with doughnuts, for example. In one week Edith Shawyer, a New Zealander, left the school after three years and reception teacher Yvonne Gregory got married. As Edith's Year 5 pupils got to work on their masks for a farewell performance of Maori myths, the Alakazoo theatre group arrived to entertain the reception class with a performance of Pinocchio. Meanwhile, the staff had other pressing issues to consider - what to give Yvonne (now Mrs Sebuyira) for a present and (even more crucial) what to wear for the wedding.
If your school would like to appear in Snapshots, fax 'Friday' on 0171 782 3200
snaps by reception teacher Ann Power
* Dressing-up time: Maori masks all round for Y5
* ...and a new outfit for SENCO Angela Gallagher
* John, Y5, makes his mask
* Shiver me timbers: the juniors wrap up for playtime
* ...where Jordon and Laura are on windowsill duty
* On with the show in reception...
* Shani and friends in Year 6
* Surprise for Yvonne Gregory