(Photograph) - A week in the life of William Morris School London.
Independence and personal development are strongly encouraged at the William Morris School in Walthamstow, east London. It's a special school with 135 pupils aged 11 to 19, some of whom cope with profound and multiple learning difficulties. Headteacher Maggie Woods guarantees work experience for every student aged 15 to 19 "for at least a week every year". Recently, staff were successful in attracting corporate sponsorship - Levi Jeans sponsored a pupil fashion show and Polaroid provided cameras and pound;300-worth of film for children to document school and home life.
If your school would like to appear in Snapshots, fax 'Friday' on 0171 782 3200
* Sophie enjoys a visit to the zoo
* Naseema gets a buzz out of using her new walking frame
* Leena makes a splash at the local pool
* Kieran helps out on work experience at Argos
* Anne Corbett, deputy head, at her desk
* Tariq struts his stuff at the pupil fashion show
* Kim shows off her photographic achievements
Snaps by supply teacher Paul Hartnett