Stowe in the soup

19th March 2010 at 00:00

A kitchen porter at a top independent school has been arrested after a batch of soup was poisoned. Police were called to Stowe School in Buckinghamshire after kitchen staff noticed a bad taste in the carrot and coriander soup being prepared for pupils. The head chef tasted it but immediately spat it out and said: "Don't touch the soup: it's been poisoned!" Officers have said the soup had been laced with a "common household cleaning product", but could not be more specific. The school said no children were served the soup. The police said there was no connection with terrorism. The porter was arrested on suspicion of administering poison with intent to endanger life.

Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.

If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.

Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.
Subscribe now
Existing subscriber?
Enter subscription number

Comments

The guide by your side – ensuring you are always up to date with the latest in education.

Get Tes magazine online and delivered to your door. Stay up to date with the latest research, teacher innovation and insight, plus classroom tips and techniques with a Tes magazine subscription.
With a Tes magazine subscription you get exclusive access to our CPD library. Including our New Teachers’ special for NQTS, Ed Tech, How to Get a Job, Trip Planner, Ed Biz Special and all Tes back issues.

Subscribe now