Stowe in the soup
A kitchen porter at a top independent school has been arrested after a batch of soup was poisoned. Police were called to Stowe School in Buckinghamshire after kitchen staff noticed a bad taste in the carrot and coriander soup being prepared for pupils. The head chef tasted it but immediately spat it out and said: "Don't touch the soup: it's been poisoned!" Officers have said the soup had been laced with a "common household cleaning product", but could not be more specific. The school said no children were served the soup. The police said there was no connection with terrorism. The porter was arrested on suspicion of administering poison with intent to endanger life.