- Samsung has joined the Future Classroom Lab, which researches ICT-based learning environments. European Schoolnet, a network of 30 ministries of education which aims to spread innovative teaching and learning, created the Future Classroom Lab. Samsung joins the 13 industry partners that contribute to the lab. http:fcl.eun.org
- Macmillan dictionaries will no longer appear in book form. From next year, Macmillan Dictionary will be available online only. Editor-in-chief Michael Rundell said: "Books are out of date as soon as they're printed, and the space constraints they impose often compromise our goals of clarity and completeness." www.macmillandictionary.com
- Internet security firm McAfee has launched its "Online Safety for Kids" programme in the UK. It aims to help children understand how to stay safe online. Through the programme, McAfee staff volunteer to teach online safety at schools in their local communities. http:tinyurl.comblv6cdf
Leap for Frog
- The world's first learning platform designed specifically for tablet computers has been unveiled. Developed by Frog, this is the first stage of a wider vision for personalised lessons for every student. Rather than just creating a mobile app for the learning platform, Frog has created an entirely new system from the ground up. The next step is an Amazon-style recommendation service for resources, based on a student's unique profile. www.frogtrade.com
- A new guide helps teachers to unlock the potential of new technology in order to enhance pupils' learning, particularly those with additional needs. Brilliant ideas for using ICT in the inclusive classroom, by Sally McKeown and Angela McGlashon (David FultonNasen), contains 50 illustrated case studies and 20 starter activities.