- The charity Helping Uganda Schools has created a resource website. Follow the stories of Asobora the Monkey, Busobozi the crocodile and Magezi the elephant to give children in the UK an insight into life in Uganda. Intended for use with the early years foundation stage and lower primary children. www.learning fromuganda. org.uk
- World Fair Trade Day (11 May) encourages consumers to buy fair trade products and to recognise independent farmers and suppliers. Take a look at our selection of fair trade lessons and activities from TESConnect partners Fairtrade Foundation and Traidcraft Schools to help students understand global trading and how the choices they make in daily life can have an impact on other people. bit.lyWorldFair Trade2013
English and maths
- SignSpell is a new teaching resource aimed at improving literacy and numeracy in primary schools by using aspects of British Sign Language. Cognitive learning, using actions and finger counting, may help children to remember numbers, spell new words and express themselves when finding the right words is difficult. www.signspell.co.uk
- The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh is offering tailor-made drama support for schools in all areas of the curriculum, across all stages. Sessions include improvisation, text-based workshops on a specific play and investigations into particular times and events. bit.lyLyceum Workshops
- With exams just around the corner, prove to students that the force is with them using james_abela's Jedi Mind Tricks - and help them to master the art of revision. This extensive lesson covers a range of revision techniques for use in the classroom and at home, all of them differentiated for individual learning styles. bit.lyJediRevision.