Titanic errors of judgment
Contributors to The TES online staffroom have been exchanging examples of the stupidest comments they have heard from fellow teachers. The list is far too long to reprint in full here, but here are five of the worst.
1) The Year 8 teacher who asked pupils for synonyms of the word "big" and, when a boy suggested "titanic", said "Don't be silly that's the name of a ship."
2) The student teacher on placement preparing to teach lessons on RE who said "I know they are from Muslim, but what religion are they?"
3) The teacher who made worksheets about "Great Briton".
4) The art teacher who insisted that monochrome meant "lots of vibrant colours".
5) The cover teacher who explained that Britain was invaded in 1066 by "Norman the Conqueror".