* Involve pupils at every stage and take them with you.
* Value your catering staff colleagues.
* Make sure you are being consistent across the classroom, dining hall and corridor and social areas.
* Good food and good value sells, and quality counts. You will know you have got this right when staff buy the school food.
* Food is more than just nutrition, and choices are important.
Useful websites www.healthyliving.gov.uk
Scottish Health Promoting Schools Unit, www.healthpromotingschools.co.uk
Scottish Executive on school meals, www.scotland.gov.ukTopicsEducationSchool-Education1892215761 Food Standards Agency, www.food.gov.uk
British Nutrition Foundation, www.nutrition.org.uk
European Food Information Council, www.coolfoodplanet.org.uk