Trainee's itchy feet

11th March 2005 at 00:00
Q Once I've got my GTP, can I teach abroad without post-qualified teacher status experience?

AIf you want a teaching job in another country in Europe, you won't be eligible until after your induction year. For countries outside the EU, check on All the embassies in the UK are at .

If you do decide to teach abroad after you leave training, you need to complete an induction period when you return.

Log-in as an existing print or digital subscriber

Forgotten your subscriber ID?


To access this content and the full TES archive, subscribe now.

View subscriber offers


Get TES online and delivered to your door – for less than the price of a coffee

Save 33% off the cover price with this great subscription offer. Every copy delivered to your door by first-class post, plus full access to TES online and the TES app for just £1.90 per week.
Subscribers also enjoy a range of fantastic offers and benefits worth over £270:

  • Discounts off TES Institute courses
  • Access over 200,000 articles in the TES online archive
  • Free Tastecard membership worth £79.99
  • Discounts with Zipcar,, Virgin Wines and other partners
Order your low-cost subscription today