What's new in 97
* Biddenham Asset Finance is offering tailor-made financial packages specifically designed for education cashflow management. Biddenham Asset Finance Ltd, Seckloe House, 101 North 13th Street, Milton Keynes, MK9 3NU. Tel: 01908691220. Stand G26.
* The latest in blackboards is the new Polar Board, which, as its name suggests, is white. It is coated with a hard-wearing laminate surface which makes it easy to write on as well as easy to wipe clean. Special eco-friendly drymarker pens to use on the boards come in a variety of bright colours. For a full range of product sizes and prices, contact: Nobo Visual Aids Ltd, Alder Close, Eastbourne, Sussex, BN23 6PW. Tel: 01323 412254. Stand F4.
* Rocols is holding a Design-a-Playground Competition, with a cash prize of Pounds 1,000 for your school, during the Education Show. Details from the stand, from where you will also be able to watch demonstrations of their products. Rocol Site Safety Systems Ltd, Rocol House, Swillington, Leeds LS26 8BS. Tel: 0113 232 2600. Stand J43.
* A new textile gallery at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester is due to open on September 15. Called Fibres, Fabrics and Fashion, it will be relevant for all key stages of the national curriculum. Interesting themes include the properties and purposes of fabrics, and processes such as bleaching, dyeing and printing. Running to June 8 at the museum is an exhibition entitled China - Cradle of Knowledge, celebrating 7,000 years of inventions and discoveries from ancient China. Special gallery sessions include storytelling and large-scale weaving. The Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester, Liverpool Road, Castlefield, Manchester M3 4FP. Tel: 0161 832 2244. Stand SJ36.
* Recruit plc, a specialist supply teacher agency, is holding a free prize draw during the show. The prize is an MJN Multimedia PC Package, including Internet, with a full range of educational software worth over Pounds 1,000. The teacher submitting the winning schools' entry will also receive a Pounds 50 software package of their own choice. Entry forms can be obtained from the official show guide or from Recruit's stand (H20). The winner will be announced at the stand on Saturday March 8 at 1pm.
* Let's Make Music Fun is a new collection of four songbooks by Eileen Diamond, accompanied by teaching ideas and other material, which is suitable for pre-school and key stages 1 and 2, Pounds 7.95 each. International Music Publications Ltd, Southend Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 8HN. Tel: 0181 551 6131. Stand PV120.
* The Early Years Booklist, including areas such as curriculum development, classroom practice and special needs, is now available for professionals working with children up to and including KS1. Some of the publications are available on the publishers stand. Community Insight, Pembroke Centre, Cheney Manor, Swindon, SN2 2PQ. Tel: 01793 512612. Stand EY40.