1. Who composed the opera The Magic Flute?
2. Who played the character of Woody Boyd in the 1985 sitcom Cheers?
3. Which of the Earth’s five major circles of latitude lies approximately 66 degrees north of the equator?
4. The Boston Bruins, Florida Panthers and Calgary Flames are all teams in what sport?
5. Born 15 June 1953, who is the current president of the People’s Republic of China?
6. What type of fish does the fisherman Santiago battle with in Ernest Hemingway’s novel The Old Man and the Sea?
7. Alien is a fragrance produced by which company?
8. On which ship did Horatio Nelson die?
9. The city of Rome is located within which of Italy’s regions?
10. Traditionally served cold, which French soup is made from leeks, onions, potatoes, cream and chicken stock?
Scroll down for the answers...
2. Woody Harrelson
3. Arctic Circle
4. Ice Hockey
5. Xi Jinping
8. HMS Victory
Questions set by John Cunnane