1. What was the name of Christopher Columbus’ ship that ran aground off Hispaniola on Christmas Day 1492?
2. Born on Christmas Day 1971, who became the 23rd prime minister of Canada?
3. Which singer, who died on Christmas Day 2016, was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou?
4. Flying Fish Cove is the capital of which Australian territory in the Indian Ocean?
5. In the festive song, how many maids a-milking are there?
6. Which plant, associated with Christmas, has the scientific name viscum?
7. By what other name is the dessert bûche de noël known?
8. In the film It’s A Wonderful Life, what is the name of George Bailey’s wife?
9. In which country has eating a KFC Christmas meal become a widely practised custom?
10. Which Christmas carol was the first song to be broadcast from space?
Scroll down for the answers...
1. Santa Maria
2. Justin Trudeau
3. George Michael
4. Christmas Island
7. Yule Log
10. Jingle Bells
Questions set by John Cunnane