Tes Quiz: 9 July 2021
Pit your wits against Tes’ weekly general knowledge quiz
1. Which horse race takes place over 1.25 miles at Churchill Downs?
2. Baby Spencer Elden featured on the cover of which 1991 Nirvana album?
3. What colour tongue does the chow chow breed of dog have?
4. What is the capital of Brazil?
5. Dashi is a savoury stock used in the cuisine of which country?
6. Which naval engagement took place in the Atlantic Ocean on 21 October 1805?
7, Which 1968 sci-fi film featured Douglas Rain as the voice of the computer HAL 9000?
8. What term is given to an underground reservoir of water that intermittently ejects water and steam?