* Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gay men (www.fflag.org.uk). Tel: 01454 852 418 (central helpline).
* InterCom Trust (www.intercomtrust. org.uk) provides support for young lesbian and gay people in the south-west. Tel: 01392 201015 and 0845 6020818 (helpline).
* The fpa - Family Planning Association (www.fpa.org.uk) - provides support on a range of sexual health issues and publishes Challenging Homophobia resource pack (pound;29.99 plus pamp;p). Tel: 0845 310 1334 (helpline); 020 7837 5432 (England); 0141 576 5088 (Scotland); 02920 644034 (Wales); 02890 325488 (Northern Ireland); 01685 846678 (to order pack).
* School's Out! (www.schools-out.org.uk) is an organisation for lesbians, gay men and bisexuals working in education. It is 30 years old this year and will hold a celebration conference in Manchester on October 2. Tel: 020 7635 0476.
* Stonewall (www.stonewall.org.uk) publishes best practice guides to prevent homophobic bullying. Tel: 020 7881 9440.
* Education for All (www.stonewall.org.uk then follow the 'campaigns'
link). Contact Emily Myers on 020 7881 9451.
* All the unions publish information and advice for lesbian and gay members. Contact the equal opportunities committee or follow the links on their websites.
* The teaching resource Living It costs pound;39.99 plus pamp;p. Published by d2 Publishing and Bolton Health Authority. Contact d2 Publishing, tel: 01204 366677.
* Talking About Homosexuality in the Secondary School, by Simon Forrest, Grant Biddle and Stephen Clift. Published by the Aids charity, Avert, and downloadable from its website, www.avert.org.uk.