"The new normal". The phrase is everywhere – to the extent that it's easy to forget the unparalleled amount of stress put on school staff lately.
You deserve all the R&R you can get this half term. That's why Magic Rock Brewing and Tes have teamed up to give away not one but two cases of beer: one for you, and one for your Half-Term Hero – that person who's really gone above and beyond.
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Follow both Tes and Magic Rock Brewing on Twitter.
- Tweet us using the hashtag #HalfTermHeroes and tell us who you are nominating and what makes them your Half-Term Hero.
The person you nominate does not need to have a Twitter account, but you must know their address so that we can deliver their prize.
The winners will be chosen on Friday 30 October by random number generator.
The winning nominator and nominee will each be sent a Magic Rock Brewing Sample the Magic 12-pack.
In order to enter, you must be a member of school staff in living in the UK and over the age of 18. Full terms and conditions can be found below.
A bit about Magic Rock Brewing
Hailing from Huddersfield, Magic Rock Brewing creates beer that is full of flavour and tingle-off-your-tongue delicious. It's your new favourite brew; beer you can return to again and again (and again).
Like something a little fruity? Try Murk-Life Balance, a hazy pale ale exploding with tropical fruit aromas and sweet citrus bursts. Pale not your thing? Try Dark Arts – a decadently delicious stout, brimming with coffee, dark chocolate mystique and a rich berry fruit finish.
The Saucery session IPA carries notes of passionfruit and mango with a slightly bitter finish – it’s your new favourite session beer (and it’s gluten-free!). With a beer to suit any all tastes, it’s time to sample the magic…You’ll be spellbound.
Find Magic Rock Brewing in all major retailers (select stores only) and online at www.magicrockbrewing.com.
Always drink responsibly. drinkaware.co.uk
Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway terms and conditions
- To enter the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway, entrants must tweet the hashtag #HalfTermHeroes along with the name of a member of school staff and a brief description of their reasoning. In addition, the nominator must follow both the @tes and @magicrockbrewco Twitter accounts between 14.00 GMT on Tuesday 27 October 2020 when the prize draw tweet is posted and 22.00 GMT on Friday 30 October 2020.
- Entrants must be over 18 and living in the UK to participate in the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway.
- This prize giveaway is void where prohibited.
- Tes will accept only one nomination per person to the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway.
- Employees or agencies of Tes Global Ltd. (“Tes”), its group companies and affiliates or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway may not enter the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway.
- The Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway opens at 14.00 GMT on Tuesday 27 October 2020 and closes at 22.00 GMT on Friday 30 October 2020. Tweets posted after this time will not be entered.
- The winning nominator and nominee will be selected by a random number generator on Friday 30 October 2020.
- The nominator and nominee will each receive one Sample the Magic 12-pack of beer from Magic Rock Brewing.
- The winning nominator will be notified via a direct message on Twitter on Monday 2 November 2020.
- The winner must respond to Tes by Twitter direct message and provide their name and postal address to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to Tes within four days of being notified by Tes, or if the winner rejects their prize, or their entry is invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions, then they shall forfeit their prize and Tes shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. Tes retains the right to withdraw the prize at any time.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of responding by the winner. Tes cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to prize claims, or prize claims lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- All decisions are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for other prizes.
- Tes accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- Tes retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
- The name, city and country of the winner can be obtained after 16 November 2020 by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the following address: Tes Global Ltd., Resources Department, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ, England.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway and they shall participate in such activity at Tes’ reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Tes and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway for an unlimited time, of their voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Tes and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering to the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway, all entrants consent to the same.
- Entry to the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
- Tes accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway and/or accepting a prize. Tes further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of Tes for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Tes reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Tes in all matters under its control is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Tes shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize giveaway submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Tes Global Ltd., 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ
- Tes Global Limited (“we”, “our” or “Tes”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals in respect of whom we hold personal information.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) the data controller is Tes Global Limited of 26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ, United Kingdom.
- If you are selected as the winner of the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway, Tes will require your name and postal address and your Half-Term Hero’s name and postal address (“the personal data”) in order to confirm you as the winner and send you both the prize offered for the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway. By entering this prize draw, you confirm that you will ensure your nominee is made aware of the need to share the personal data with Tes in order to receive the prize.
- If you, or your Half-Term Hero would not like to provide your personal data, you will not be awarded the prize for the Half-Term Hero prize giveaway.
- The personal data will only be shared with Magic Rock Brewing and processed for the purpose of confirming you as the winner and sending you your prize. The personal data shall not be used for any other purpose.
- All personal data will be retained only until the Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway has closed and the winner has collected their prize. Upon collection of the prize, your personal data will be erased.
- Should you wish to access, erase, correct or port your personal data please email email@example.com with “Half-Term Hero Twitter prize giveaway” in the subject line.
- Should you be unhappy with how Tes has processed your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.