The deadline for the 2018 Tes FE Awards has been extended due to exceptional demand.
FE providers will now have until midnight on Friday 20 July – two weeks later than the original deadline of Friday 6 July – to enter.
The Tes FE Awards, sponsored by the Education and Training Foundation, is the biggest night of the year in FE. From inspirational teachers to top colleges and providers and those working behind the scenes, the awards shine a light on and celebrate the very best the sector has to offer.
A celebration of outstanding achievements
For the first time, the Tes FE Awards ceremony will include the presentation of the Association of Colleges’ (AoC) Beacon Awards, in a celebration of outstanding achievements across further education.
While the Tes FE Awards will focus on celebrating the success of FE providers and the individuals behind their achievements, the Beacon Awards will acknowledge best practice in college teaching, management and governance.
Founded in 1994, the Beacon Awards showcase the most innovative colleges across the UK. The two sets of awards will maintain separate entry and judging processes.
Tes FE Awards categories
- Lifetime achievement
- FE leader of the year
- Teacher of the year
- Apprenticeship programme of the year
- Professional services team of the year
- Training provider of the year
- FE college of the year
- Sixth-form college of the year
- Specialist provider of the year
- Adult and community learning provider of the year
- Overall provider of the year (chosen from winners of the last five categories)
AoC Beacon Awards categories
- Support for learners award
- Skills and Education Group award for social mobility and widening participation
- Effective use of technology in further education award
- College engagement with employers award
- Edge Award for excellence in the practical delivery of technical and professional learning
- AoC mental health and wellbeing award
- Careers and Enterprise Company careers education and guidance award
- British Council international award
How to enter
The AoC Beacon Awards will be open to all colleges across the UK, while the Tes FE Awards will continue to be open to all types of FE provider. The deadline for entering the Tes FE Awards is Friday 20 July, while the deadline for entering the AoC Beacon Awards is the same day. Please note that the two sets of awards have separate application and assessment processes. The Beacon Awards' judging process also includes a visit by assessors to colleges included on the shortlist.
Shortlists for the two sets of awards will be revealed at the AoC Annual Conference on 20 November. The winners will then be announced at a glittering awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House hotel in London’s Park Lane on 22 March 2019.