The Department for Education has confirmed that this year's cohort of GCSE and A-level candidates will receive their results as planned in August.
School standards minister Nick Gibb said: “I am pleased to confirm that GCSE and A-level students will still receive their exam results as planned this summer, on Thursday 20 August and Thursday 13 August respectively.
"I want to thank all those who are helping to make this happen despite the challenges we are facing."
Coronavirus: DfE flags risk of school places shortage
Need to know: National Primary School Offer Day
“We know that this is an important milestone for students, parents and teachers and so I hope this news will provide them with some reassurance and clarity.”
Previously, when details of how GCSE and A-level grades would be released were first published on 20 March, the DfE said it aimed to provide candidates with grades before the end of July.
Writing in today's i paper, education secretary Gavin Williamson said he was "able to confirm GCSE and A-level exam results days – another milestone for families".
"These dates are the same as those published at the start of this academic year, and I hope will provide further clarity for all those young people receiving results in the summer," he added.
Mr Williamson also said that National Primary Offer Day would be going ahead today and that he hoped this would help to reassure parents.
"I hope, despite the disruption we are all facing, parents will find it reassuring to know that schools are still preparing for their new intake and that most children – last year more than nine in 10 – will receive an offer from their first choice of school," he wrote.
Paul Whiteman, general secretary of school leaders’ union NAHT, said: “This can be an anxious time for families. Choosing the right school and securing a place there is a huge moment in a child’s life. And of course, these feelings of anxiety will only be heightened by the confusion and uncertainty caused by coronavirus.
“It is vital that no child going through the primary admissions process this year should be disadvantaged. For those families not getting their first choice of school, the appeals process will be going ahead, albeit virtually. This process must be as robust as ever and be made clear to parents.”