The International Baccalaureate has announced this morning that it will no longer be holding exams for its Diploma and career-related programmes during 2020 following the global coronavirus outbreak.
In a statement, the IB said its candidates and their wellbeing "have been at the forefront" of the organisation's thinking, and that exams scheduled between 30 April and 22 May for both its Diploma and Career-related programmes would no longer be held.
Coronavirus: IB coursework deadline extended
Coronavirus: GCSEs and A levels cancelled, says PM
Coronavirus: All schools in England closing from Friday
"Depending on which programme IB students are registered for, they will be awarded a Diploma or a Course Certificate which reflects their standard of work," the statement said.
Coronavirus hits International Baccalaureate
"This is based on their coursework and the established assessment expertise, rigour and quality control measures already built into the programmes."
"The IB’s goal remains to find the best ways to support its global community during these uncertain times and to provide the best possible outcomes for IB students," it added.
The statement also said that more details regarding the cancellation will be shared on Friday and that information about its Middle Years Programme assessment would be forthcoming next week.
The announcement comes amid a range of exam cancellations to help to stem the spread of Covid-19.
Last week, all GCSEs and A levels for England and Wales this summer were cancelled.