How it helps pupils and schools:
- Creates a national movement that empowers and enables schools to identify potential teachers
- Supports schools to create a pathway through which pupils can gain relevant skills and experience
- Encourages pupils to choose teaching as a career
Who should enrol on this course?
Have you seen pupils with a natural aptitude for teaching? Do you have students with a passion for helping their peers learn and understand, who could be amazing teachers one day? This programme aims to take advantage of the unique insight you hold, to spot and develop talented home-grown teachers.
This course is for teachers of year 12 or year 13 students (or year 10 or year 11 if desired) who want to inspire the next generation of teachers.
How is the course delivered?
We’re the facilitator, providing you with the resources and support you need to deliver the programme and create opportunities for the students involved We’ve provided all the content you need to deliver the course online, but it’s up to you how you do it. There are 12 hours of teaching time in total and you can choose to deliver the course over one year, in a few days, or any period in between – it’s completely up to you.
- Introduction: inspiring the Next Generation
- Building Enthusiasm
- Becoming a Teacher
- Working with Learners
- Teaching a Lesson
- Creativity in the Classroom
- Next Steps
- Reviewing and Reflecting