A guide to Subject Knowledge Enhancement for teacher training providers
A handy guide to SKE for teacher training providers
For many trainee teachers, Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses provide a vital headstart before their teacher training, combining both pedagogy and of course subject knowledge.
So whether you don't know anything about SKE or you're struggling to answer those tricky bursary questions, our guide to Subject Knowledge Enhancement will give you the answers to confidently promote SKE to candidates applying to your teacher training programme.
This guide will cover everything from:
- Making SKE part of your recruitment: how you can use it to expand your recruitment pool and ensure you're not missing out on those candidates who hold non subject specific degrees with the potential to become great teachers.
- Why choose Tes Institute and what's different about our courses?
- FAQs: Addressing some of the most common questions we receive from ITT providers, for example what feedback will you receive, does it cost the ITT provider anything and how often SKE programmes start
Upcoming application deadlines
|SKE application Deadline||SKE start date|
|29th June||16th July|
|27th July||13th August|
Do you have questions about your trainees completing a summer SKE or overlapping their SKE with teacher training? Find out more in this blog.
You can hear from trainees who have completed the programme by selecting the 'subject knowledge enhancement' tab on this page.
I'm no longer focusing as a student, but rather how to teach a student
Find out how SKE prepared these teachers for their teacher training and increased their subject confidence.
Useful SKE content:
- SKE course page- your trainees can apply here under the 'get advice' tab.
- SKE trainee journey to subject confidence
- Does a candidate need SKE? A guide on how to assess subject knowledge
- Time saving tips for teacher training providers
- You can view more SKE blog posts here, featuring a range of hints and tips for trainees and ITT providers.