Gain background knowledge for a mini research project about World War II with this aligned Google Expedition lesson. Lesson plan includes before, during and after the Expedition activities and guiding questions.
What is a Google Expedition:
* Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual trips to places — museums, underwater, outer space. Expeditions are collections of linked VR content and supporting materials that can be used alongside existing curriculum.
*These trips are collections of virtual reality panoramas — 360° panoramas and 3D images — annotated with details, points of interest, and questions that make them easy to integrate into curriculum already used in schools.
* This google expedition lesson corresponds with theses points of interest: Peace Memorial Park, Battle of Midway, and Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial
What were the key events of WW II?
- Which countries were involved in WWII?
- How did they get involved?
- How were they affected after the war?