SIX engaging worksheet activities will help your students learn inheritance terminology, construct and analyze a variety of Punnett Squares and develop deeper understandings of Mendel’s Principles as well as more advanced patterns of inheritance such as incomplete dominance, codominance, sex-linked inheritance, multiple alleles, and polygenic inheritance. These EDITABLE activities are designed for a typical high school Biology class and can be used for class work, cooperative learning groups, homework, quizzes, or interactive notebooks.
This product includes 14 files:
2. Introduction to Inheritance Symbols and Terminology Worksheet: A 2-page worksheet with 20 opportunities for students to choose appropriate letters to denote dominant and recessive alleles, name homozygous and heterozygous genotypes, determine phenotypes from genotypes, and apply the Principle of Segregation.
3. Introduction to Inheritance Symbols and Terminology Worksheet Answer Key
4. Inheritance Terminology Practice: 20 questions provide more genotype and phenotype practice. Perfect for homework!
5. Inheritance Terminology Practice Answer Key
6. Punnett Square Practice: 7 questions on monohybrid crosses, P, F1 and F2 generations, genotypic and phenotypic ratios and probabilities of basic dominant/recessive crosses.
7. Punnett Square Practice Answer Key
8. Dihybrid Crosses Worksheet: 10 questions on dihybrid crosses and the Principle of Independent Assortment will provide practice in determining possible gametes of parents in a cross, as well as constructing and analyzing these crosses.
9. Dihybrid Crosses Worksheet Answer Key
10. Advanced Genetics Problems: 2 more pages of Punnett Square practice on topics such as intermediate (incomplete) dominance, codominance, multiple alleles, polygenic inheritance, gene linkage, and sex-linked inheritance.
11. Advanced Genetics Problems Answer Key
12. Punnett Square Fun: 8 crazy problems that bring it all together in the most fun way! Your students will LOVE this one! Did you know that having only one horn in Purple People Eaters is dominant over having 2 horns? Yep. Students will also investigate inheritance patterns in Unicorns, Love Bugs, Critters, and Smelly Cats.
13. Punnett Square Fun Answer Key
14. BONUS: A chart of 7 pea plant characteristics studied by Mendel. This chart will be useful for some problems on the first few worksheets and can be printed in color or grayscale.
Copyright 2015 Science Island