Perfect for English lessons, or as part of a literacy across the curriculum scheme, the VCOP lessons aim to build students' fundamental writing skills.
Engaging, differentiated, and easily adaptable, this lesson aims to improve students' skills at using varied and appropriate connectives in their writing, following a logical learning journey to ensure that students learn in bite-size steps:
- Defining connectives types;
- Identifying connectives in humorous writing examples;
- Analysing connectives in an interesting descriptive passage;
- Creating a descriptive piece, using varied connectives;
- Peer or self evaluating their writing attempts, and in particular the use of connectives
Resources, worksheets, and a lesson plan are provided.
This resource can either be bought alone, or as part of a VCOP bundle (see resource VCOP - All lessons & scheme - vocabulary, connectives, openers, punctuation) for just £1 more.