Some VCOP display and desk resources to help keep your VCOP displays current with your Jacobite topic. There are blank cards in the vocabulary file for pupils to write their own WOW words on. Colour classifications may be different in your school.
Vocabulary, Connectives, Openers, Punctuation, Up Level and Dictionary work. Each of the six areas has 30 to 40 activities that should work well as a carousel keeping children busy during group reading. Based on a few other things I've seen and downloaded. I have simply changed the format, re-vamped the graphics, developed the idea and added to them. Hope it saves someone some work.
The handbook includes background information for teachers about common spelling patterns, useful strategies, including mnemonics, and spelling and phonic games. Many of the ideas resources have been posted elsewhere - acknowledged at end.
7 sets of cards in JP order. There are decodable words with matching pictures. If you cut them up and laminate them they would be suitable for independent work, for a small group working with an adult, or for your whole class phonics.
<p></p><p>I’ve pulled together various resources such as quick fire activities that I’d previously uploaded separately, and games and links suggested by other posters (notably bluerose) into 1 document.</p><p></p>
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
14 lessons which cover SPAG in detail.<br />
All lessons are linked to the bands of the new AQA spec to stress the importance of good SPAG and the fact it will impact their grades.<br />
The booklet means they can work through the activities and have everything all in one place - it looks really good in colour too!<br />
Is aimed at year 10/11 but can easily be used for year 7 upwards.
We have produced this set of activitites at the request of a number of teachers requiring a ready made set of independent literacy/guided reading activities for KS1 children.<br />
Already tried and tested with great success, we are sure you will find these resources prove to be a valuable addition to your resource bank.<br />
The pack includes: <br />
- Question Sentences - This set of cards will encourage your children to read and respond to those all important "question" words - where, what, who, why. <br />
- Adverb Prompt Cards - Children can use these cards as a prompt to thinking of relevant adverbs to describe the action words and complete the sentences.<br />
- Verb and Adverbs Cards - These cards should help stimulate discussion and prompt children to think of an adverb to describe the action word for each picture.<br />
- A set of 4 word searches based on nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. We have included a version of each word search with the first letters of each word made bold to give you lower ability children a helping hand.<br />
This super pack of resources has been designed to provide class teachers with a set of independent activities for year 1 children during guided reading sessions.<br />
These resources have been tried and tested by a number of EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 teachers who have found them highly useful!<br />
The pack includes:<br />
- Boring Sentences - This set of sentence cards will encourage your children to improve the sentences provided by inserting/adding more interesting vocabulary to the "boring sentence".<br />
- Adjective Prompt Cards - Children can use these cards as a prompt to thinking of relevant adjectives to describe the pictures.<br />
- Spelling Activity Cards - Children take a card, count the phonemes using the phoneme frame and order the phonemes to make the word. When the children have written each word correctly, they could then record the word in an alphabetic word book.<br />
- A set of 12 differentiated word searches which many teachers have made into a booklet. They are based around letters and sounds phase 3 GPC's and become progressively more challenging if delivered in the order in which you will receive them.