Ks3 resource for measuring forces.
Introduction lesson to forces.
Newton meter practical using spring and hanging masses. Easy lesson taught a million times never not been good and engaging. Lesson 1 out of 8.
- Lesson plan
- Detailed PowerPoint with animations. Also contains all answers to worksheets. (51 pages but contains all Worksheets).
- All worksheets, included starter, and main worksheet needed for practical and differentiated lower and higher ability.
- Three different plenaries
- Homework worksheet, with answers.
Aspects of National curriculum lesson covers (In varying detail):
• Gravity force, weight = mass x gravitational field strength (g), on Earth g=10 N/kg.
• Balanced forces and opposing forces and equilibrium: weight held by stretched spring.
• Forces as pushes or pulls, arising from the interaction between two objects.
• Forces measured in Newtons (N).
• Measurements of stretch or compression as force is changed.