This lesson takes students to the Chauvet Cave, a prehistoric treasure trove of art, which has helped us understand more about how we lived in prehistoric times. Students will:
- go on an adventure to discover the mysterious caves of Chauvet. Where are they. Who discovered them
- hunt for facts and make discoveries about the Chauvet Cave
- use a 3D model of the Cave, go on a virtual adventure
- discover how modern street art compares with ancient art
- create their own cave art
- write a short story about discovering the Cave
This lesson plan is designed for students to explore independently at their own pace. It can also be used by parents and teachers, to direct learning on a 1-2-1 basis, and in a classroom or group setting.
The lesson plan is designed for use on a computer or tablet and there are lots of links to online content, so there is no need to print.
It is suitable for anyone, but we recommend it for ages 11 to 14.
There are 2 Chapters:
1 - Chauvet Caves Discovered (duration 60 minutes)
2 - Extra Discovery ( 45 minutes)
This lesson plan was created in association with Lexicon Learning
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.