Learn about the country, communities, languages and culture of Kenya. Students will:
- discover the natural beauty and the cultures of Kenya
- discover how the different cultures of Kenya are expressed through different objects and traditions, music and language
- find out how Kenyan myths and legends have been transformed into superheroes
- design their own superhero
- learn some of the Swahili language
- imagine a trip to Kenya and write about it
This lesson plan is designed for students to explore independently at their own pace. It can also be used by parents and teachers, to direct learning on a 1-2-1 basis, and in a classroom or group setting.
The lesson plan is designed for use on a computer or tablet and there are lots of links to online content, so there is no need to print.
It is suitable for anyone, but we recommend it for ages 11 to 14.
There are 2 Chapters:
1 - Kenya Discovered (duration approximately 60 minutes)
2 - Extra Discovery (45 minutes)
This lesson plan was created in association with Lexicon Learning
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.