**Discover Shinto through its beliefs, values and rituals ** - 25 pages of lesson plan, activities, homework and assignments, keys and marking grids. All you need to teach on that subject: included and ready to print in this resource!
● Discover a new religion and its gods: Shinto.
● Engage pupils to reflect on their community and own values. Why do we do what we do in our everyday lives?
● Raise awareness in the classroom about values and accountability.
● Engage pupils into talking about their feelings and how to handle them.
● Practice pupils’ analytical and oral presentation skills.
Content - 25 pages
● Detailed course plan divided into two units of about 60 to 90 minutes each. Each unit has sub-units which you can teach separately as well, to fit your schedule better.
● Varied resources, and ready-to-print activities.
● The Microsoft Word format allows you to adapt the course content and worksheet to the specific needs of your pupil.
● Homework in lieu of assessments; however, you’re free to use them or any other worksheets as and when you see fit.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Shinto, a religion with a twist
Video and Questions
Unit 2: Amaterasu and Susanoo
Collecting & Summarising data
Worksheet 1 Discovering Shinto
Worksheet 1 - KEYS Discovering Shinto
Worksheet 2 Charade game
Worksheet 3 Shinto shrine complex
Worksheet 4 A special person…
Worksheet 5 Relationships: collecting data
Worksheet 6 Amaterasu and Susanoo
Worksheet 7 Presentation
Marking grid - Oral presentation
Note: Cover image first published on Flickr. Original image by Oriolus. Uploaded by Mark Cartwright, published on 02 April 2017 under the following license: Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs. This licence only allows others to download this content and share it with others as long as the author is credited, but they can’t change the content in any way or use it commercially. Please note that content linked from this page may have different licensing terms.