Free guided reading notes for The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Michael Morpurgo, suitable for Year 3 confident readers. Includes guidance and set activities which could cover a half term of work using the carousel method:
- Brief information on the author and illustrator
- A chapter synopsis
- Teacher-led session : introducing the novel and questions linked to the opening
- Questions for independent/supported work
- Answers and objectives for independent/supported work
- Follow-up activities : suggestions for reading, writing and cross curricular tasks linked to the novel
- Reviewing the novel: questions to help teachers run a discussion session after reading the novel
Badger Learning aim to support teachers to achieve the foremost goal of the reading curriculum: to ensure that children read with confidence and understanding, and fundamentally, to establish an appreciation and love of reading.
For more guided reading resources for Year 3 visit www.badgerlearning.co.uk
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.