A PowerPoint about the irregular verbs covered in the seasons and activities section of Echo 2, including:
A verb table; Richtig/falsch exercise; Gap fill; Noughts and crosses; Battleships - for pupils to play in pairs; A crossword is also included.
Writine frames - a sheet you can give your students to aid them to put a text together. There are some various ones here - past tense, present tense, future tense on holiday, and opinions The future one also shows how to make conditional sentences (in red and bold)
Shows that pop songs use language for effect.
Listen to the song (youtube) and ask pupils to listen out for poetic devices, then hand out the lyrics, ask them to highlight them on the sheet. Then ask them to create their own examples of poetic devices for fireworks.
Lesson introducing rooms in the house, including a guessing-game for the starter, a match-up, a reading activity, battleships for speaking practice (handout version is already available on TES), a longer reading activity and an ongoing dictionary task as an extension activity. Successfully used as an interview lesson!
NEW GERMAN 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19
A set of 10 worksheets to explain and revise the Present Tense. Worksheets can be used individually or as a revision booklet.
- The Basics - Endings
- Word Order
- Irregular Verbs
- Separable Verbs
- Irregular Separable Verbs
Each topic includes an explanation and lots of activities to practice.
Improve German student achievement, attention to basic grammar, create an instant quiet learning environment and improve classroom behavior with these warm ups. Adding warm-ups to my daily routine has done wonders for my classroom management and student achievement.
This is a warm up booklet that I use at the start of German 2 every day for the first 5-10 minutes of class. We do 1 page a day ( I do booklet printing). This booklet could also be used for 2nd semester German 1.
1. 8 pages with answer keys- 1 each day
1a. 2 Sets (4 pages) of simple questions - Can lead to speaking practice
1b. 2 pages of error hunting and error coding
1c. 2 pages of verb conjugation and simple sentence writing
2. A Power Point Slide with warm-up expectations to project for the first few weeks, so they know the expectations.
Focus verbs: fahren, lesen, gehen, esssen