How do war and the armed forces affect our lives? What is it like to join the military? To be trained? To experience armed conflict? What are the risks? What is the effect on everyday life? Using comic books, video, quizzes, maths and critical thinking, learners can explore these questions individually or as a class.
- Hear from British veterans about the challenges they’ve faced
- Useful for careers advisors who want students to get to understand what joining the military could mean
- Learners practise a professional risk assessment
- Analyse multimedia content from War School and the British Army
- Reflect on what too much militarism may mean for society
More at www.war.school/learning
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
A great resource that support teachers who want to ask their bigger questions about their society in which they live. Suitable for politics, citizenship, global issues, PSHE and more. Helpful that the resources don't just teach 'about' the military, they get students evaluating what 'too much' militarism might mean or look like.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.