These are 6 spelling booklets - one per half term for children to learn and practise their weekly spellings in Year 4. I have tried to include as many of the Y3/4 objectives as is possible! There are 16 words per week with some (4 or 5) from the common exception words included. There is an explanation of the rule being covered and columns for children to practice their spellings.
Depending how your school splits the Year 3/4 spelling curriculum you may find some overlap so some editing may be required. If you would like to see a sample one of the booklets is available as a free download.
I've linked the the New National Curriculum Spelling document to handwriting so that it is meaningful and organised into spelling patterns. I teach it using handwriting repeater from ict games to model the joins
Each booklet is split into two terms with an average of 6 weeks worth of worksheets. One sheet for in school and one for at home.
Guidelines are given as well as dotted outlines to trace over.
Spelling booklets I have made for my Year 4 class to use in the first Autumn half term. The different activities help the children learn their spellings. Can be used in class, as homework or a mix of the two.
Bargain sale of premium resources, grab a bargain now!
Here you get £53.00 of resources for £6.50!!
See the bundle links for further information.
For more great resources and lessons visit my shop here:
NEW English 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19
A scheme of learning that focuses on improving literacy. The scheme focuses on sentence structures, punctuation and vocabulary to match the stronger focus on SPaG in the new curriculum. This scheme is much more suited to LA/MA/intervention students rather than HA students.
There are lots of visual cues to use as a springboard to writing and a quiz that ca be used at the start and the end of the scheme so that students can see the improvements they have made.