Week 1 of 3 literacy planning for year 5. \n\n\nCovering reading, grammar and writing objectives for the new curriculum.\n\n\nWeek 1 looks at news reports, questioning for interviews in preparation for week 2 autobiography. \nWeek 3 write a recount about a class trip.
Expository interactive presentation.. Mr. 1, Mr. 2 and Mr. 3 have different sets of identical-sized boxes. The boxes are stacked against a coordinate axis and the stacks are compared in height. A full transcript of the presentation appears at the bottom of the page.
A one week literacy unit for Kindergarten children about animals based on the text, 'Walking through the Jungle'. The unit includes detailed planning, matching resources and ideas for independent learning opportunities.
All photos are royalty free and are sourced from www.clker.com
A three week Literacy unit for Reception age children based on the high quality picture book 'Dylan's Amazing Dinosaurs - The Tyrannosaurus Rex' by E.T Harper.
The units build to creating a shared class Dinosaur fact file.
The resource includes detailed planning with matching activities, smart notebook files for whole class teaching and writing templates.
This resource generated some fantastic writing when I used it with my class!
This Antigone unit includes 215 PPT slides, 158 printable pages, and over 50 different engaging common core activities. For a close look at the Antigone activities, view the preview. This detailed Antigone unit facilitates a deep analysis of the play within the following categories:
1) Introduction to the Origins of Greek Tragedy
2) Preview of the Oedipus Myth
3) Indirect Characterization and Foil Characters
4) Analysis of the Stages/Traits of a Tragic Hero
5) Analysis of Rhetorical Persuasive Appeals
6) Common Core civil disobedience compare and contrast writing activities
7) Analysis of metaphors, analogies, and figurative language
8) Symbolism and Cause and Effect mapping
9) Analysis of Parodos, Odes, and Paen
10) Analysis of allusions to Greek Mythology
11) Final Unit Test (matching, true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer)
12) Summative Writing Performance Task
Each lesson plan includes:
Student Worksheets and Exercises
Analytical Writing Tasks
Teacher Answers and Resources
Total Pages 215 slides 158 pages
Whole lesson PowerPoint presentations with relevant worksheets focusing on Act 2 of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Particular emphasis on themes and how they are represented through language and dramatic techniques, building towards PEEEL analytical paragraph writing.