The Aquila School
United Arab Emirates
About The Aquila School
The Aquila School opened in September 2018 and serves as an international school with a reasonable fee structure offering a high-quality education in Dubai. The school offers the National Curriculum for England & Wales adapted to meet the needs of our global community.
The Aquila School has a distinct character based on ‘inclusion’ and ‘maximum choice.’ At all stages children will play a central role in their learning through exercising choice and evaluating their own progress. This might be choice of learning activity, choice of project work, choice of play, choice of courses, programmes, subjects or qualification type. We believe that offering a wide choice ensures needs are best met and interest and therefore, engagement levels are high.
As we grow, we will offer a wide range of GCSE option, which provide breadth and balance in terms of arts, science and practical subjects. We recognise that some students may be interested in applied professional learning courses rather than IBDP and so will offer BTEC level 3 qualifications in specific subjects to provide wider study options at KS 5. The school will also offer IBCC qualifications at Post-16 for those students who prefer a more vocational route but favour learning within the IB framework.
As a growing school we seek to employ teachers who are very flexible in the ages and subjects that they teach.
What Matters at The Aquila School
- Our children are safe, supervised and well cared for at all times- children know that the first priority of every adult in school is their well being
- Amazing learning is key, lessons are enjoyable and relevant
- Every child makes as much progress as possible and teachers are held to account
- Teachers are empowered to teach the children what they need to know
- We celebrate and respect the culture, traditions and heritage of the host nation
- We are a community school- courteous and respectful relationships are key to our success
The Aquila Promise
- Your children will learn at levels that will amaze both them and you – we guarantee they will make as much progress as possible in all areas;
- Your children will love coming to our school;
- We will communicate with you about your child’s learning and all aspects of life in our busy school in ways you haven’t experienced before;
- Our broad curriculum will inspire your children to be creative, independent and resilient design thinkers, with lessons that have a real sense of purpose - underpinned by academic rigour;
- Our school will be the heart of the community – with a shared sense of purpose that helps your child develop as broadly as possible.
The Aquila School Vision Statement
‘Real Learning for a Real Future’
Our curriculum will enable children to understand and develop future solutions for everyday challenges with an emphasis on technology though the arts using the culture, heritage and future vision of Dubai as a starting point wherever possible.
Our children will be independent, creative, caring and resilient, able to make decisions and solve problems through a design thinking mindset
Our staff will work tirelessly to ensure that every child makes as much progress as possible and that lessons are engaging, memorable, fun and relevant, underpinned by academic rigour
As a community school we work closely together, valuing happiness and school connectedness, guiding families on how to help their children at home, to provide the very best education possible and ensuring that children love coming to school.
International Schools Partnership
The Aquila school will be the flagship school of International Schools Partnership – a global family of over thirty schools all over the world.
All our schools –
Help children and students learn to levels that amaze them.
Inspire children and students to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
Aim to be the schools of choice for children, students and their families, wherever we are.
Please find more information here: http://www.internationalschoolspartnership.com/