The Archer Academy
Barnet, United Kingdom
About The Archer Academy
The Archer Academy is a co-educational secondary free school based in North London, for students aged 11-16.
The Archer Academy
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, dynamic and inspirational Head of English to lead the subject in this popular and outstanding Department.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be an outstanding teacher. The ability to inspire our bright and curious students; enabling them to realise their potential is essential.
You will have a passion for English, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your students and will have the drive and ambition to further develop an outstanding environment for learning, in English and beyond.
The Archer Academy seeks leaders who are:
• Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
• Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
• Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
• Flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
• Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of success, and raising student attainment in English
• Be a committed team player with experience of having led and managed successful teams
• Understand changes in the English curriculum and have the vision required to lead an outstanding department
• Have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from • Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
• A forward thinking senior leadership team
• A committed and talented body of staff
• A supportive Trust and Governing Body
• An excellent CPD programme.
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.