The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
Ealing, United Kingdom
About The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
We are an inner-London Catholic School of around 1,900 students and 120 teaching staff. The School provides a warm, welcoming and nurturing teaching environment with excellent support for staff. Our vision statement of ‘Education for all = Achievement for all’ perfectly captures our educational values.
Working for us
You would be joining a very successful, oversubscribed school for 11-18 year olds which offers exciting opportunities for hard-working and ambitious individuals.
- Have energy, enthusiasm and experience of raising achievement with pupils of all abilities
- Have a passion for their subject
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils to their full potential
- Have an unrelenting focus on the learning experience of all their classes
- Support the Catholic ethos of the School
Continued professional development is supported for all staff in the school. Alongside this, NQTs will be offered a very supportive NQT Programme. See the attachment 'NQT Experience' to see what our NQT's have to say about the support they have received at Cardinal Wiseman.
Where we are
We are located in Greenford, which is a short bus ride from Ealing Broadway. We have excellent transport links as we are not far from the A40 and Greenford Underground Station. A couple of minutes away, the local high street is very well served by buses. Click for further details.
A fitness suite is available for staff to use at certain times of the day
School Mission Statement
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School believes in education for all. We aim to achieve this in a caring Catholic community based on the Gospel values of equality and justice. Our community seeks to follow the example and teaching of Jesus Christ to love God and help one another. We live by our motto: 'All things for Christ'
School Aims and Ethos:
To fulfil our Mission statement our aims are:
- To work with parents and the local parishes to nurture the spiritual growth of our learners
- To ensure that all learners fulfil their academic potential through a curriculum that is stimulating, balanced and supported by a rich variety of wider learning opportunities (Education for All = Achievement for All)
- To provide the highest quality of care and guidance to our learners
- To develop the knowledge, skills and social awareness that will ensure our learners become active citizens within their communities
- To promote safe and healthy lifestyles for our learners
- To encourage positive parental and wider community involvement
Following the completion of a recent BSF refurbishment programme we now have some brand new buildings. All of our buildings have been refurbished offering world class facilities to our staff and students.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the DBS