Bromley, United Kingdom
About Coopers School
Coopers is a warm, welcoming and friendly school where all students are happy learners. Your child is the most important person to you and to our school. My mission as Principal is to take Coopers from being a good to an excellent school. We are very proud of our latest Ofsted Report which shows that we will achieve this very soon.
When the school was last inspected, the inspectors said that 'Coopers is a well led school within which a well planned curriculum and good teaching lead to very high standards and very good examination results, in the top 20% of the country for student progress.' The inspectors also commented that the very good behaviour of the students makes an important contribution to the welcoming, supportive and orderly learning environment created by the school as we strive for academic success. All students are expected to be ambitious for academic success and personal development. The school has a strong academic tradition, a reputation for high expectations and standards and, as visitors' comment, an excellent atmosphere marked by positive relationships.
• A calm, well ordered, disciplined and yet caring environment where staff have high expectations of every student - the right atmosphere for excellent academic achievement
• Over a hundred experienced, talented specialist teachers with a commitment to ensuring that every student exceeds their potential.
• The opportunity for students to achieve the best possible examination results in a wide variety of areas with excellent mentoring and coaching facilities
• Excellent 24/7 ICT facilities.
• Setting according to ability in relevant subjects and an excellent fast track and gifted and talented programme
• A wide range of extra-curricular and enrichment programmes for students and for families.
• Strong community links.
• A partnership with parents to provide success for every student as we believe the education of young people is a shared responsibility.
Shirley Puxty BSc (Hons) NPQH - Principal
Sue Wood BSc (Hons) NPQH - Headteacher