Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park
Southwark, United Kingdom
About Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park opened in September 2011 in the heart of Peckham. Children can start our Academy in the nursery when they are 3 years old and they leave after Year Six, when they are 11. Our Academy is an exciting place to learn and our pupils work hard and behave well. Our specialism is Literacy and Communication and we believe that learning to read, write and communicate effectively is extremely important. In 2011 97% of our children achieved a L4 in English at the end of Year 6. 100% of children made two national curriculum levels of progress in English.
At Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and there is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils and adults reach their full potential.
Our Academy aims to:
- Ensure that we inspire in all pupils, a love of learning and the desire to continue to learn;
- Ensure that all pupils have an equal opportunity to take part in the life and work of the Academy and the wider community;
- Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and playing;
- Provide a rich, balanced and varied curriculum;
- Provide high standards of teaching in all subjects;
- Equip all pupils with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence their own lives;
- Enable pupils to learn from each other;
- Promote creativity and independence;
- Develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking;
- Nurture pupil diversity emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields;
- Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community;
- Be a place that every child remembers with affection.
We highly value:
- The way in which all children are unique;
- A working partnership with parents and families;
- The spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth;
- The importance of each person in our community; and
- Our environment.
Literacy and Communication