Wolgarston High School
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
About Wolgarston High School
We intend that Wolgarston High School should represent all that is best in education and that it should be an enjoyable place in which to learn and develop.
As a Technology College, we aim to combine the best traditions of the past with the needs of a rapidly changing technological world.
Our school community is built on respect, good manners and fair play. We are keen to develop students who appreciate the value of learning, are prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st century and who are able to make a full contribution to society.
We are proud of our school, our students and our achievements. Our OFSTED inspection in 2009 graded the school overall as good and awarded us 16 Grade 1s (outstanding). The Sixth Form was also described as outstanding.
We look forward to welcoming you to Wolgarston.
Learning together, Achieving together
Our vision is to be recognised as an outstanding school that demonstrates excellence in:
- the quality and vibrancy of our learning culture;
- our levels of achievement;
- the ways in which we work in partnership with our students, parents and wider community;
- our contribution to developing lifelong learners by making learning enjoyable and accessible for all;
- enabling our young people to make a positive contribution as confident and responsible global citizens;
- providing opportunities to empower young people by nurturing their creativity;
- enabling young people to make informed choices about healthy lifestyles.
We are committed to ensuring that our school is a learning community based on:
- honesty, fairness and openness in our dealings with others;
- accepting responsibility for ourselves, our actions and our environment;
- respecting the right of others to learn;
- treating one another with courtesy and respect, caring for and supporting each member of our school community;
- striving to be the best we can be, demonstrating perseverance and resilience.