This is to go with my KE lesson and there is a heavy focus on the maths and the workings out of GPE.
- Starter slides 2 and 3. Jigsaw or (settler) do it now task. The settler task is used as a plenary to be adjusted at the end of the lesson.
- aims and intro.
- introducing the information - links to videos to stimulate discussion if needed.
- Modelling how to work out GPE.
- Whiteboard activity where students get to try - next slide with answers. Questions get harder as they go on.
- see white boards assess individuals as well as group and feedback areas to improve.
- True or false - score will dictate worksheet starting points. Differentiation for the individual.
- Answer to the worksheets - students correct in green.
- Plenary - go back over the starting task and improve. This allows you to measure progress and help students as individuals with any possible feedback.
My students found this useful and gave them more focus and confidence when looking at the calculations.