L.O. To know that animals are adapted to live in their habitats.
L.O. To know how different animal are adapted to live in the habitats.
This download includes 5 pages, as follows:
* Questions (with pictures) about how animals (shark, otter, camel, polar bear and parrot) are adapted to their habitat. Pupils need to consider the features of each animal, and answer in sentences.
* A matching activity - pupils match the animal (shark, otter, camel, polar bear and parrot) to the habitat, and can write how they think the animals are suited to their homes.
* Guess the animal activity - the pupils read clues about the animal’s adaptive features and guess the animal from the description (shark, otter, camel, polar bear or parrot)
* Animal Information Sheet - A descriptive paragraph about each of the animals (shark, otter, camel, polar bear and parrot) - can be used as a reading comprehension text.
* Lined page - Pupils completing this activity will write a more in-depth piece about how one of the animals are suited to their habitat (they could use additional information books to find out further facts.)
The above activities can be used by the same children for consolidation or end-of-lesson testing purposes, or may be used as a form of differentiation between groups during a lesson.