This is a tried and true set of lessons that will really hook your kids! Kid will leave that first day saying your class is SUPER FUN! If you can get that reputation, the kids will buy into all the amazing things you teach them in the future!
This is a music back to school lessons bundle of the following products:
- Kindergarten First Day Plan
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd First Day Plan
- 4th and 5th Grade First Day Plan
PLUS! Bonus PowerPoint for those first day introductions and rules!
Included in this File
- Detailed (yet editable) lesson plans for K-5. State (GA) GPS Standards, National Music Standards, and National Core Arts Standards are marked.
- PowerPoints to guide the lesson for each level. (Google Slides version included!)
- Video demonstration of the cup games.
- Links to any resources needed to complete the lesson. (List below)
- Bonus PowerPoint for that first day which includes a way to go over class rules, reminders to go to the bathroom and get water, and reminders for the rewards and consequences of behavior.
*Text is editable if you are able to download the matching fonts. Otherwise some reformatting will be required. A PDF version is supplied for those that cannot download fonts.
- Bonus - MUSIC rules (only) from this set*
THE 4th/5th PLANS ARE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MAKING MUSIC VERSION OF “TURN THE BEAT AROUND.” IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE A DIFFERENT VERSION YOU WILL NEED TO MODIFY THE DIRECTIONS INCLUDED TO FIT YOUR VERSION
This is meant to be a guide for your individual situation. Substitutions for any part of the lesson is acceptable. Additional items you need to teach the lesson directly as written that are NOT included.
Thank you to Alfred Publishing for their written permission to use the lyrics to the resource, “Turn the Beat Around” in this publication.
Visit my website to join the Free Resource Library!
Teach music. Love life.