This action-packed lesson on specialised cells is fully resourced and differentiated with 12 activities and 7 learning outcomes. Pupils will learn to identify the differences between specialised cells and typical cells and explain how that difference equips the specialised cell to perform their particular function. Specialised cells studied are chloroplasts, red blood cells, fat cells, nerve cells, root hair cells, ciliated cells, sperm cells and egg cells.
Easy to follow instructions are given on the PowerPoint and worksheets so that the lesson practically runs itself.
Activities include literacy, group work, peer assessment, self-assessment, pupil response to assessment, and feedback to the teacher on pupil learning via the exit ticket quiz.
This pack contains material for two hours lesson time to enable teachers to select resources to totally bespoke their lesson according to pupil ability, time available for the topic and focus of departmental/school policy. Resources not used in the lesson can be additional homework or used for pre-examination revision.
An easy to follow one-page flow chart lesson plan indicates where logical choices between resources can be made and indicates whether each activity includes literacy, oracy or AFL .
- To know that cells are changed or specialised to perform a particular function.
- To be able to identify the differences between specialised cells and typical animal and plant cells .
*To explain how those differences allow the specialised cell to perform their particular function.
- Animated 25 slide PowerPoint- includes exit ticket /plenary quiz
- Anticipation guide(starter and plenary)
- Flip It
- 12 Taboo Cards
- Fact sheet
- Fact Share Worksheet
- Exit ticket template
- ABC card template
- 2 differentiate worksheets
- 2 differentiated homeworks
- Flow chart lesson plan
- PowerPoint with answers /detailed mark schemes for homework/classwork sheets-pupils of all abilities can self-assess or peer assess.
Fully resourced and differentiated lessons on this topic are available from my shop.