A* level notes covering topic 7 (muscles and respiration) covering the muscle cell and movement, including:
- the structure of muscle cells and functions.
- structure and function of fast twitch muscle and slow twitch muscle
- how muscles work together in antagonistic pairs
- myosin and actin in the muscle
- sliding filament theory and mucle contraction
- the role of calcium ions and ATP in the muscle contraction
- joints in the legs including ligaments, tendons, synovial joints, and the impact of too little or too much excersise on joints, and the benefits of key hole surgery and of prosthetics.